LEAGUE OPERATING RULES AND REGULATIONS
The regular soccer-playing season will extend from May to August 2013.
Scheduled soccer games shall start when there are at least five (5) players. If less
than fiveplayers, then an “Informal” game should be played, commencing no later
than 7:00 p.m.We recommend that each team field four (4) players and one (1)
NO NON-REGISTERED PLAYER WILL BE ALLOWED TO PRACTICE WITH A
TEAM OR PLAY IN SOCCER GAMES
1. Prior to the scheduled game, coaches should have a 20 – 30 minute
practice, starting at 6:30 p.m.;
2. (i) Game nights are: U4 Tuesday. U5 Monday. U6 Tuesdays, Wednesdays
(ii) Scheduled games should start no later than 7:00 p.m.;
(iii) All games will consist of a first half and second half;
(iv) A five to ten minute break must be given between each half;
(v) Each half will average 15 minutes;
(vi) The length of each half must be mutually agreed upon by both coaches
before the match begins;
(vii) A coin toss before the start of the game may be used to decide field
choice and first kick
3. Each coach must be in complete control of their team and each player.
Coaches are responsible for demonstrating good conduct.
4. Coaches must ALWAYS be present on game night.
5. Coaches must endeavor to have two girls on the field at all times.
6. Coaches must wear the coach’s shirt provided by the club. It help parents
and players to locate and identify you as the “Coach”.
7. Coaches must ensure the provided safety cones with pegs are placed as
goal posts whenever playing the “big” fields.
8. Goalies are to be changed at half time or as otherwise necessary.
9. Players are to be rotated on and off the field on a regular basis.
10. The coaches should provide their own referee, one from each team would
be preferable, so that they could “coach” as the game progresses. Please
downplay the rules so that the kids can enjoy the game and have fun too.
11. If the kids have fun and learn the concept of dribbling, passing, boundaries,
throw-ins and goaltending, then you have accomplished a lot for the season!
12. It is up to the coach, the parents and team members to decide to practice,
other than on the day of the games. The fields are available on Fridays.
13. Remember soccer shoes are optional But shin pads are mandatory for
both games and practices.
14. When the team rosters are made up, they will be given to the coaches, and
it is up to the coaches to inform the players and team members of the first
game and or practice.
15. Rain days – All players are expected to show up at the field ready to play.
It is up to the convener if the game should be played or continued, on
account of the weather.
16. There are no corner kicks or offside calls to be made.
The parents should encourage, rather than criticize the players of either team
at game time.
The game must not be taken personally.
Parents should be encouraged to form a phone committee, such as that of different
parent bringing “oranges to each game to be passed out to the team players at
half time for each game. Each team member must have his or her own water
bottle to be brought to each practice and game.
In the event of injury, coaches and club officials will make best efforts to handle
the situation appropriately. However, parents carry the ultimate responsibility
for the health of their children under these circumstances.
The Etobicoke Youth Club determines that if a parent or legal guardian of a
child is abusive to the coach or players or use profane language or is
excessively loud or behaves in any other manner that is to be detriment of the
Club, the executives maysuspend the child or children of that person
from further participation in the Club. There will be no refund of the
It is the responsibility of all coaches and conveners to be thoroughly familiar
with the above rules. Any rules not mentioned above are covered by F.I.F.A.
rules and theconstitution and by-laws of the Etobicoke Youth Soccer Club.