The use of underage players on club Competitive or Development teams is permitted. However, the club generally discourages the playing up of players, particularly in the younger age groups (U8 to U11). Coaches are asked to seek an evaluation of players being considered to play a year up by the club's technical staff.
In order for a player to be allowed to play a year up, a written request must be made by the Head Coach and must be approved by the EYSC's Technical Director. This request must be made before registration and submission of team rosters.
- The use of underage players must meet club goals/priorities and mission statement.
- A formal written request to the Technical Director must be made before club approval is given.
- Coaches of different age groups must have knowledge of a request and communicate with one another.
- The player must be capable of playing at a higher level.
- The player moving up must be a starter (impact or core player) and must retain this role when moved up.
- The player in question can be moved up in order to provide an opportunity for that player to be challenged at a higher level.
- Non-roster underaged players are encouraged to play up.